by Jalapenoman on 22/05/12 at 5:25 amWashington, DC – (SatireWorld.com)
Barack Obama fired the latest salvo in the political campaign for the 2012 Presidential election. He sent an official letter to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir requesting that they perform at his second inauguration and in the inaugural parade.
Other than official military bands, the Mormon Tabernacle Choir (known affectionately as “The Mo-Tabs”) have performed at more inaugurations than any other musical group. While it is not surprising that they would be invited, it is surprising on other counts:
1. Mitt Romney, the expected Republican nominee, is a high profile member of the Mormon faith (proper name: The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints).
2. Presidents do not generally begin officially planning their inauguration and parade and inviting performers until after their election (and Obama is behind in most electoral polls).
3. Utah is a very conservative, Republican state and voted overwhelmingly for John McCain in the 2008 election.
4. Romney is expected to get at least 90% of the popular vote in Utah in the 2012 election.
5. Due to the severe money losses of the Oprah Television Network, Ms. Winfrey has not been able to funnel Obama the billions she did to buy the election like she could in 2008.
There is no truth to the rumor that Romney plans to counter by inviting a group from Motown to perform at his inauguration.