by Walter Bucket on 15/04/15 at 5:54 am
(satireworld.com) Walter Bucket Presents True Facts
1. True: Samuel Brown of New Orleans became the first person to drown from eating watermelon. He ate three in 1996. At least he missed the Hurricane.
2. T/F: The fins on the bottom half of a fish that allows them to wiggle through the water, is called the Elvis fins.
3. True: A Fart is a musical instrument that is a cross between a fiddle and the artillery blast, like those at the end of the 1812 Overture.
4. The Manx Cat has extra long back legs that allow it to jump over a house and catch mice arguing over where he is located.
5. The Beach Boys were named after the sand that lies by the ocean. Although Mike Love wanted it to be The Sand Boys, he was outvoted by the Wilsons.
6. There was once a town in Tennessee named “Chickenshit” until the residents finally had the gumption to change it back to its original name of Pushover.
7. In 1986, the candy, “Dr. Proct’s Buttered Fingers” were stopped after only ten bars were sold in three months.
8. Richard Simmons cookbook, “How To Grill Safely While Naked” finally found it’s way into the top 10,000 cookbooks in the nation. It edged past Abby Hoffman’s “Cook This Book” which came out in the 1970s.
9. “Amphibious” is based on the Greek term for living a double life. For instance, a Major League Baseball player who can hit the outfield wall but can’t hit one over it for a home run and has to settle for a double. At least that’s the term Howard Cosell used.
10. O.J. Simpson still having health problems. Reportedly told cellmate, “That’s some doctor. Talked about my EEG not looking right. Doesn’t even know how to spell egg and eggs are fine in here.”
11. The Rock Band, B-52’s were actually named after Dolly Parton.
12. The names of the two lions in front of the New York Library are “Pat” and “The Fonz”.
13. Although many businesses in the U.S. have the word, “THINK!” over the desks, in England most of their pubs have the word, “TINK!” on the wall behind the bartenders.
14. National Security warns U.S. citizens not to send any money to Nigerians offering one of Lassie’s pups for sale. “We have received over 5,000 complaints, mostly from old farts wanting one for a grandkid”, says spokesman.
15. During Colonial Times in the Northeast Colonies, the Mather Brothers prohibited any woman to give birth on a Sunday, or even go into labor.